The DVJ Lab leads the Biomechanics Project of the Wu Tsai Human Performance Alliance at UC San Diego.
Dr. Valdez-Jasso is a recipient of the 2021 National Science Foundation CAREER Award on Mechanical and Structural Adaptations of Blood Vessels in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
The DVJ Lab gets new NIH grant on Multiscale Modeling of Right Ventricular Fibrotic Remodeling in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension.
- Dr. Valdez-Jasso awarded American Heart Association Scientist Development Grant for July 2016 – June 2019.
- Erica Pursell, Daniela Vélez-Rendón, Jesse Gerringer, and Julie Wagner will present at SB3C and compete in the student poster competition.
- DVJ Lab will participate in the UIC BEST Summer Program.
- Daniela Vélez-Rendón is invited to participate in the Industrial Math/Stat Modeling Workshop for Graduate Students at North Carolina State University.
- Dr. Valdez-Jasso is awarded the UIC College of Engineering Seed Fund for May 2015 – June 2016.
- Jesse Gerringer is awarded UIC Honors College Undergraduate Research Grant for the second consecutive year.